3D Scanning a Person
Free download 3D Scanning a Person. This tutorial/course is created by Kacie Hultgren and it has been retrieved from Lynda which you can download for absolutely free. CAD, 3D Printing and Product Design skills are covered in this course.
New consumer-grade 3D sensors in products like the Microsoft Kinect make scanning people easy! And with 3D printers, you can turn those scans into “Mini-Mes” that can be used as cake toppers, game tokens, or action figures. In this course, Kacie Hultgren will guide you through the process of creating a “3D selfie” that’s ready for printing. Kacie uses the free software Meshmixer to repair and enhance the scan, before printing it with a MakerBot. Don’t own a 3D printer? Kacie also shows how to export your model and send it to Shapeways, where you can order a 3D print.
- Setting up 3D sensors
- 3D scanning a bust or a person
- Exporting a scan
- Smoothing and filling the mesh
- Automatically repairing the scan with Meshmixer
- Printing your scan with a MakerBot printer
- Optimizing a scan
- Ordering a 3D print with Shapeways
– Hi, I’m Kacie Hultgren, and welcome to this project course, 3D scanning a person. Low cost sensors have brought 3D scanning into the hands of consumers. The process is quick and easy, and it’s a great way to scan people. Whether you want to capture your family in 3D at a reunion, make a custom cake topper for a wedding, or turn yourself into an action figure, 3D scanning makes quick work of translating people into 3D. In this course I’ll show you a workflow for using an inexpensive, infrared sensor to create 3D scans with the software Skanect.
Then we’ll refine the mesh using a free program called Meshmixer. Finally, we’ll go through the process of creating a 3D printed replica using a desktop 3D printer or a commercial 3D printing service like Shapeways. This is a really fun project, and I can’t wait to show you how it’s done. Let’s get started.
Free Download 3D Scanning a Person
Download 3d-scanning-a-person-udemy.rar (882.66 MB)