John Maeda on Design, Business, and Inclusion
Free download John Maeda on Design, Business, and Inclusion. This tutorial/course is created by John Maeda and it has been retrieved from Lynda which you can download for absolutely free. Business, Business Skills and Design skills are covered in this course.
Good design is often associated with beauty. For LinkedIn Influencer John Maeda, a major figure in the field of design and technology, it isn’t that simple. In this course, he argues that good design is more about outcome than aesthetics. For a business to develop better products, they must do more than pick a pleasing color scheme and slick layout; they must understand who their users are. In this course, John shares insights about the rise of design as a key component for innovative and growing businesses. He also points out three design growth areas—classical design, design thinking, and computational design—and shines a spotlight on the link between inclusion and design.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining design
- Designing for a wider audience
- Linking inclusion and design
- Discovering your own lacunas
- Attaining the inclusion mindset
– One of my pet peeves is that people, when you say the word, design, they think oh, you mean the beautiful part, the sexy part, the handsome part, let’s be gender-oriented. It’s not about that. It isn’t about how it looks. It’s about how it works, how it feels, how it changes the person’s life, that’s what design’s about. It’s not about the aesthetics. It’s about the outcome.
The problem is that businesses must understand design to improve the processes and their outcome. The solution, pretty simple. It’s about understanding design, how complex it is, why it’s necessary, but also understanding inclusion, and how understanding different kinds of people, different than yourselves and becoming uncomfortable while together to make better products.
That’s all design is. It’s about knowing who your customer is, how they feel, and making a superior product.
Free Download John Maeda on Design, Business, and Inclusion
Download john-maeda-on-design-business-and-inclusion-udemy.rar (453.23 MB)