Maya: 3D Printing with Shapeways
Free download Maya: 3D Printing with Shapeways. This tutorial/course is created by Ryan Kittleson and it has been retrieved from Lynda which you can download for absolutely free. 3D + Animation, 3D Printing, Modeling, Product Design and Projects skills are covered in this course.
3D printing allows your digital creations to emerge in the real world, but you don’t need a 3D printer to bring them to life. Learn how to prepare your models in Maya and then send them for 3D printing on Shapeways, an online service that ships reproductions straight to your door. Author Ryan Kittleson shows how to hollow out models, define an object’s thickness, and work with texture maps for full-color prints. He shows you how to export the model, upload it to Shapeways, and view the finished result. Once you have mastered the basics, Ryan invites you to test your skills in a series of challenge videos.
- What is Shapeways?
- Setting up Maya for 3D printing
- Checking model scale
- Understanding why thickness matters
- Adding precise thickness
- Strengthening thin structures
- Fixing common mesh problems
- Exporting models with texture maps
- Making a wireframe model
- Publishing to Shapeways
– Hi, I’m Ryan Kittleson, and welcome to 3D Printing on Shapeways using Maya. In this course, I’ll show you everything you need to prepare models for 3D printing. You don’t need your own 3D printer for this course, because I’ll be showing you how to upload your creations to Shapeways, a service bureau that prints 3D models and then ships them to you. I’ll show you how you can use the tools in Maya to get a 3D model ready for printing. I’ll show the whole process of finalizing a model to be exported to Shapeways, including hollowing out models, defining an object’s thickness, and working with full-color texture maps.
I’ve been using 3D printing and Shapeways for a while now to bring my digital creations into the physical world. It’s always exciting to hold something in your hand that you designed. I’m excited to make some 3D prints with Maya and Shapeways, and I hope you are, too. Let’s get to it.
Free Download Maya: 3D Printing with Shapeways
Download maya-3d-printing-with-shapeways-udemy.rar (401.14 MB)