Photoshop CS5: Portrait Retouching
Free download Photoshop CS5: Portrait Retouching. This tutorial/course is created by Chris Orwig and it has been retrieved from Lynda which you can download for absolutely free. Design, Photography, Portraits and Retouching skills are covered in this course.
In Photoshop CS5: Portrait Retouching, professional photographer and instructor Chris Orwig uses his extensive experience with Photoshop to focus on the specific tools every photographer needs to adjust images and keep them looking genuine. This course explores this program’s deep resources for portrait retouching and inspires photographers to do their creative best with everything from blemishes to backdrops. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Understanding the art of retouching
- Correcting overall white balance
- Using color correction tools to correct skin tone
- Using Content-Aware Fill
- Detailing and improving eyes and other facial features
- Working with the Camera Raw Adjustment Brush
- Adding and improving hair
- Whitening and brightening teeth
- Softening skin and enhancing makeup
- Reviewing the final workflow for the best work possible
- Hey, welcome, my name is Chris Orwig, I’m a photographer and I’m a teacher. I’m on the faculty at the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, California, where we are right now, and it is a beautiful evening. You know, I’m really excited about this training title because here we’re going to explore how we can make our photographs of people even better and if you stop to think about it, you know some of the most valuable, most important photographs of all time are photographs of people. You know, have you ever looked at those photos of people, the before and the after, and you wondered to yourself, how did they do that, how do they use Photoshop to make those improvements.
Well, here we’re going to demystify that. You’ll learn everything that you need to know in order to improve your pictures of people. So what exactly will we cover here? We’ll start off by focusing in on how we can clean up the small details, whether in Adobe Camera RAW or in Photoshop. We’ll of course, take a look at how we can reduce or remove wrinkles, how we can whiten teeth, how we can work with make-up or how we can modify color in a photograph, and then we’ll spend some time focusing in on the eyes, how we can brighten those eyes, add a bit of sparkle or change the color of an eye.
We’ll take a look at how we can add some symmetry to an image, or how we can thin out a subject and also, how we can provide an overall portrait retouch and workflow from start to finish. Now, we’re going to cover all of these topics and more and we have a lot of ground to cover, so without further delay, let’s begin.